The intended audience for this activity is endocrinologists, family practice physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other health care professionals involved in the management of patients with overweight and obesity.
Series Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Adopt a multidisciplinary team approach to facilitate comprehensive management of obesity and obesity-related manifestations.
- Communicate with patients with obesity regarding their disease, concerns, and realistic treatment expectations to improve adherence to a comprehensive care plan.
- Assess the latest clinical evidence regarding pharmacotherapy for the management of weight in adolescents with obesity.
Non-pharmacy Learners Only
- Screen patients regularly for obesity and recommend follow-up care as appropriate.
- Identify patients who may benefit from pharmacotherapy for weight management based on the latest clinical evidence regarding safety, efficacy, and long-term use.
- Recommend bariatric surgery for patients with obesity as appropriate and provide comprehensive post-surgical care.
For more session-specific CE information, please visit the registration sites.