Target Audience: The intended audience for this activity is retina specialists and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with DR.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review the classification criteria for diabetic retinopathy and their relevance to disease management strategies.
- Assess the utility of new imaging techniques in the diagnosis, assessment, and monitoring of diabetic retinopathy.
- Investigate the effects of systemic control of diabetes on the outcomes of diabetic retinopathy treatment, as observed in clinical trials.
- Analyze the findings of Protocol T and their relevance to clinical practice.
- Describe patient education techniques and tools that can effectively improve adherence and compliance to therapy.
Vindico Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Vindico Medical Education designates this live activity series for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, all planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content are required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. Relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
Faculty, topics, program schedule, and credit hours are subject to change. Audiotaping or videotaping is prohibited without written permission from the program committee.