Target Audience: The intended audience for the activities is gastroenterologists and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review current guidelines on treat-to-target approach in IBD.
- Assess and monitor disease severity in patients with IBD, using evidence-based modalities that improve the care of established and new patients.
- Select treatment strategies in mild to moderate IBD that safety deliver the appropriate therapy and improve patient outcomes.
- Analyze the use of biologics, combination therapies, and emerging agents with novel mechanisms of action in patients with IBD refractory to current therapeutic options.
- Incorporate the use of biomarkers, de-escalation of therapy, and other therapeutic regimens that may improve monitoring and mucosal healing in IBD.
- Apply therapeutic drug monitoring as needed to optimize the management of IBD.
CME Information: Vindico Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Vindico Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, all planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content are required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. Relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
Faculty, topics, program schedule, and credit hours are subject to change. Audiotaping or videotaping is prohibited without written permission from the program committee.