The intended audience for this activity is internal medicine physicians, general/family practice physicians, endocrinologists, cardiologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with overweight and obesity.
Upon successful completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply current evidence and best practices to optimize screening, diagnosis, as well as treatment of patients with overweight and obesity.
- Implement a multidisciplinary team approach to address the full spectrum of weight-related issues and overall health concerns for patients with obesity.
- Utilize effective strategies to enhance adherence to behavior and lifestyle modifications for the management of patients with overweight or obesity.
- Identify patients likely to benefit from anti-obesity medications, as well as individualize therapy according to the benefit-risk profiles of pharmacotherapies as well as patients’ specific characteristics and needs.
- Select appropriate candidates for bariatric surgery, initiate referrals for weight-loss procedures, and provide comprehensive postsurgical management.