The next EFORT webinar is approaching and it is focused on adverse reaction to implant materials. It is organized by the EFORT Basic Research Education Group, which is independent of any commercial educational support and will take place Monday 21 January 2019 from 19:00 to 20:30 CET.
It will address the following:
- adverse reaction — basics;
- specific issues of large diameter heads;
- genetic determination for implant replacement;
- new material options; and
- anti-infectious and anti-adverse strategies.
Its objectives are to:
- explain the biology behind the adverse tissue reactions as a key factor in progressive local tissue reactions;
- demonstrate specific aspects of large diameter heads in the treatment of total hip arthroplasty and in revision THA;
- focus on the potential of genetic determination in hip and knee arthroplasty procedures;
- demonstrate the potential of new materials for current and future practice; and
- overview different anti-infectious and anti-adverse strategies for surgical approaches.
Faculty: Christoph H. Lohmann (Germany), David Langton (United Kingdom), Aare Märtson (Estonia), Bernd Grimm (Germany), Luigi Zagra (Italy)