Throughout the year, the EFORT Foundation Visiting Fellowship Program accepts applications from prominent, young orthopaedic and trauma surgeons. EFORT encourages doctors to visit the EFORT Foundation website to find out about and apply for the different visiting fellowships that are available.
The EFORT Foundation Visiting Fellowships Program allows young orthopaedic and trauma surgeons to spend a certain period working in a pre-defined hospital, clinic or institution located in Europe. The length of time varies depending on the fellowship.
Are you eligible?
- Are you an orthopaedic or trauma surgeon?
- Are you 45 years old or younger?
- Have you not been granted an EFORT Foundation Visiting Fellowship in the last 2 years?
- Would you like to gain experience and learn the latest techniques in hip and knee arthroscopy?
- Would you like to spread new ideas and introduce yourself to new cultures?
- Are you looking for a platform to develop better connections between orthopaedic and trauma surgeons?
If you are eligible, apply now for an EFORT Foundation Visiting Fellowships.
To submit your application via the EFORT application platform, please provide the following documents along with the completed application form:
- Copy of your MD license;
- Copy of your license as an orthopaedic specialist or your residency registration certificate; and
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation issued within last 12 months.
The objective of each grant is to cover a major part of a fellow’s travel and living expenses during the visit. Accepted fellows receive a grant to visit one of the pre-defined and approved European host centers. The host centers vary according to the fellowship. The grant amount is EUR 2,000 per month per fellow. If the accepted fellow cancels his/her fellowship before or during the visit for any reason, it is the fellow’s responsibility to immediately notify the EFORT Foundation and the host center about the cancellation.