For the 20th EFORT Congress, the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education has granted a maximum of 18 European CME credits. Each medical specialist is entitled to claim the hours of credit that he or she spent in the educational activity.
The European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) credit system is based on one European CME credit (ECMEC) per hour, distributed as follows:
- Wednesday 5 June 2019: a maximum of five ECMECs to be claimed;
- Thursday 6 June 2019: a maximum of seven ECMECs to be claimed; and
- Friday 7 June 2019: a maximum of six ECMECs to be claimed.
Regulations require that attendees scan in and out of each session to collect the total number of hours from the scientific program the medical specialist attended as part of the educational activity of the congress. Industry-sponsored symposia are not eligible for CME accreditation and do not count in the total number of hours spent in the educational activity.
How to validate your hours of credit
Be ready before you start
- Download the EFORT2019 Congress Mobile App – iOS and android formats are available as of 29 May 2019.
- Select the “CME Certification” menu item in the app and enter your badge ID number.
- Confirm or amend your contact details (first name, last name and email).
Track your educational activity during the congress
- Scan your badge when walking in and out of each scientific session room.
- Complete the mandatory survey for the attended sessions as soon as possible to make ensure the feedback provided is as accurate as possible and you have in mind the information necessary to reply each question correctly.
Download your CME certificate
- A CME column will be located at the entrance of each scientific session to allow you to scan your badge.
- A CME help desk counter will be located in the congress registration area to support you with scanning and mobile app inquiries.
- Please note the download of the CME certificate depends on the completion of the session surveys and can only be claimed, at the latest, 6 weeks after the end of the congress.