We are delighted to announce that after an absence of 1 year, The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery and EFORT are ready to re-launch the Mark Paterson Travelling Fellowship, which this year will be held in Padova, Italy; Lisbon, Portugal; and Madrid from 2 to 14 September 2019.
The major changes to last year’s fellowship are the following:
- The Mark Paterson Travelling Fellowship will only be held every second year and always in the European Union;
- The rotation system will be abandoned, and the fellowship will no longer be organized every second year in the United Kingdom; and
- The applications are now open to all European orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, including the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland surgeons.
We would encourage those interested to submit an application now as the call for applications is currently open. The deadline is Sunday 5 May 2019 at 23:59 CET.
This is a great opportunity for the selected fellows to broaden clinical experience, make important professional contacts and gain experience in presenting their work and opinions in an international setting.
In order to apply, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- You must be younger than 40 years of age at the time of the beginning of fellowship;
- You must be an orthopaedic/trauma consultant, post-certification surgeon or senior trainee; and
- You must have evidence of a strong academic and research background.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- personal letter of application;
- curriculum vitae; and
- recommendation letters from two orthopaedic/trauma surgeons issued within the last 12 months.
Do not miss this prestigious fellowship opportunity and apply now.
- For more information:
- Visit the Mark Paterson Travelling Fellowship page