NEW YORK – CooperVision unveiled the 2019 Best Practice honorees here at Vision Expo East.
In its fourth year and following a nationwide search, the program recognizes and celebrates practices in the U.S. that go above and beyond to find ways to differentiate themselves and deliver extraordinary care to patients, according to an announcement from the company.
This year’s honorees are:
- Azman Eye Care Specialists/Global Complex Eye Care in Timonium, Md.;
- Briggs Vision Group in Dunwoody, Ga.;
- Drs. Quinn, Foster & Associates in Athens, Ohio;
- Lakeline Vision Source in Cedar Park, Texas;
- Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons in Kent, Stow and Akron, Ohio;
- Shoreline Optometry in Mountain View, Calif.;
- Spring Hill Eyecare in Spring Hill, Tenn.;
- Vancouver Vision Clinic in Vancouver, Wash.;
- Vision Source of Farr West in Farr West, Utah; and
- West Shore Eye Care in Ludington, Mich.
Michele Andrews, OD, senior director of professional and academic affairs, North America, CooperVision, told Primary Care Optometry News that this is the first year an MD-OD practice was included.
“It will be interesting to see how they work together,” she said.
All U.S. optometry practices currently fitting contact lenses were eligible for consideration in fall 2018.
The 2019 Best Practices honorees will be broadly recognized throughout the year and are invited to attend an educational meeting hosted by CooperVision in Austin, Texas, in the spring.
Andrews said the keynote speaker at this meeting will offer a workshop on storytelling to help the doctors effectively talk about their practices in their communities and within the industry. – by Abigail Sutton and Nancy Hemphill, ELS, FAAO
Disclosure: Andrews is employed by CooperVision.