The American Society of Retina Specialists meeting in San Diego included the latest clinical research on retinal diseases.
Treatments for age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular edema, and other retinal diseases continue to evolve with the introduction of new technologies and techniques. Video perspectives with key opinion leaders attending the ASRS meeting offered a glimpse into clinically relevant topics of interest to ophthalmologists.
Here are the five most-viewed videos from ASRS published on Healio.com:
1. PLANET study shows differences in pain from intravitreal injections
Arshad Khanani, MD, discussed his presentation of the PLANET study, which compared pain and inflammation from intravitreal injections of ranibizumab and aflibercept. Watch the video.
2. Long-term RISE and RIDE study results show early treatment key in DME treatment
In this video, David Brown, MD, discusses his presentation of 5-year data from the RISE and RIDE studies. Watch the video.
3. Surgeon discusses patient outcomes with retinal prosthesis
Stanislao Rizzo, MD, discusses his presentation of outcomes of patients implanted with the Argus II retinal prosthesis device. Watch the video.
4. Study shows real-world similarities between ranibizumab, aflibercept
Szilard Kiss, MD, discusses his presentation of data comparing real-world use of ranibizumab and aflibercept injections. Watch the video.
5. Speaker discusses lesion characteristics from HOME study
Judy Kim, MD, discusses findings on lesion characteristics from the Foresee HOME study as part of the AREDS 2 study. Watch the video.