The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting took place May 5 to 9 in Los Angeles.
Healio.com/OSN was there to cover breaking news and developments in cataract and refractive surgery.
Here are the five most read articles on Healio.com/OSN from the meeting:
1. Topical treatment for presbyopia improves binocular near acuity
Richard L. Lindstrom, MD, discussed a phase 1/2 trial of EV06 ophthalmic solution (lipoic acid choline ester 1.5%), a topical treatment for presbyopia. Read more.
2. Nanosecond laser technology may be future of cataract surgery
Nanosecond laser cataract surgery is less traumatic to endothelial cells and the iris, Eric D. Donnenfeld, MD, said. Read more.
3. Cell-based approaches advancing to meet challenges of corneal regeneration
Damien Harkin, MD, discussed how tissue engineering-based therapy is promising for corneal regeneration and reconstruction. Read more.
4. Prevalence of preservatives in post-cataract surgery drops may increase complications
If topical therapies contain preservatives, patients with ocular surface disease could have increased issues with healing, comfort and vision recovery after cataract surgery, Jamie Lynne Metzinger, MS, MPH, said. Read more.
5. Intense pulsed light therapy reduces dry eye signs, symptoms
Pulsed light therapy has been shown to improve dry eye signs and symptoms Steven J. Dell, MD, said. Read more.