Carbon monoxide detectors and home security systems are considered the first generation in the wave of home health and security trends on the horizon. What products will be included in the next wave? Although no one can predict the future, experts at Battelle (Columbus, OH) predict new products will be available by 2010 to aid us in our quest for healthier living environments.
Battelle lists the following, in order of importance, as their
Top 1 0 Trends in Healthy Homes
1. Indoor air quality.
2. Home-based medical monitoring, diagnosis, and care.
3. Monitoring and sensing for home safety and personal protection.
4. Reliable and high-quality power.
5. Whole-house water quality.
6. Food quality and safe handling, storing, and cooking.
7. "Anti-aging" personal care products.
8. Battling mites and molds in bedding, furniture, and carpets.
9. Housecleaning products.
10. Germ-resistant materials, clothing, and fabrics.
For more information, contact Katy Delaney at (614) 424-5544, fax (614) 424-3889, e-mail delaneyk@ battelle.org, or access the Battelle Web site at http://www.battelle.org.