The following questions are taken from the text of the feature articles in this issue.
1. In the study conducted by author Pease, the findings were that
A. emotionally independent individuals, regardless of educational level, learned more with praise.
B. emotionally independent individuals with higher educational levels learned more with praise.
C. emotionally dependent individuals in a structured program learn more with praise.
D. men need more praise to learn than do women.
2. The 1980 census revealed that ______ million people 65 years of age and older were living in America.
3. Of the above-mentioned elderly, ______ live in rural areas.
4. According to a 1982 publication, rural elderly list ______ as a problem.
A. not enough food
B. not enough money
C. not enough independence
D. too much family interference
5. In osteoporosis, new bone formation rates ______ but bone resorption rates
A. decrease, increase
B. stay the same, increase
C. increase, decrease
D. increase, increase
The following questions should be answered either TRUE or FALSE.
6. In osteoporosis, serum concentrations of calcium, phosphorus, and alkaline phosphatase are decreased.
7. Osteoporosis is rare among black men of any age.
8. Two newer methods of determining bone mass are computer tomography scanning and photodensitometry.
9. Fluoride is the one agent that appears to directly decrease bone formation.
10. In the guardianship program installed in Orlando, Florida, the agency has attained guardianship of the person but not the property.