Infectious Diseases in Children Current Issue
The following articles appeared in the print edition of Infectious Diseases in Children.
Table of Contents
- Climate change: A growing threat to children’s health Eamon N. Dreisbach
- Does climate change facilitate the spread and transmission of dengue?
- COVID-19 spreads, mostly sparing children Eamon N. Dreisbach; Ken Downey Jr.; Caitlyn Stulpin; Gerard Gallagher
- Q&A: COVID-19 outbreak could turn medical supply chain into ‘hostage situation’ Caitlyn Stulpin
- Proposed US budget cuts could have ‘disastrous’ effect on global health Ken Downey Jr.
- SNAP changes looming amid mixed data on program’s success Janel Miller
- 26% of hospitalized kids on antibiotics receive suboptimal prescription Ken Downey Jr.; Eamon N. Dreisbach
- AAP: Pediatricians should prescribe physical activity for patients Ken Downey Jr.
- Addition of pediatric observation unit improves care at NYC hospital Eamon N. Dreisbach
- Economics may explain cognitive deficits in children of single mothers Eamon N. Dreisbach
- Few adolescents with HIV achieve viral suppression within 5 months Ken Downey Jr.
- Flu vaccine 55% effective in children this season, early estimates show Ken Downey Jr.
- In Tennessee, just 23% of at-risk infants are tested for HCV Ken Downey Jr.
- Kids often exposed to pills removed from childproof containers Gerard Gallagher
- Less than a quarter of adolescent MSM have ever been tested for HIV Ken Downey Jr.
- Many children not following ACIP immunization schedule Ken Downey Jr.
- Many transgender youths avoid disclosing gender to health providers Ken Downey Jr.
- Prenatal antibiotic exposure linked to childhood asthma Ken Downey Jr.
- S. pneumoniae strains increasingly resistant in post-PCV13 era Ken Downey Jr.
- Small study shows no vertical transmission of novel coronavirus Ken Downey Jr.
- Study shows 14% decline in pediatrician visits Ken Downey Jr.; Eamon N. Dreisbach
- Understanding and approaching feeding disorders in children with autism Erin Michael
- Are you still prescribing codeine? Edward A. Bell, PharmD, BCPS
- When unusual problems present, always ask about travel James H. Brien, DO