EFORT Webinar: Adult spine deformity
A new EFORT webinar is coming up soon that will focus on adult spine deformity.
It is organized by the EFORT Orthopaedics Education Group, which is independent of any commercial educational support, and will take place on Monday 19 November 2018 from 19:00 to 20:30 CET.
It will address:
- sagittal alignment;
- surgical treatment; and
- burden of disease.
Its objectives are to:
- demonstrate that harmonious spinopelvic alignment is the key factor in asymptomatic subjects;
- show how classification of adolescent scoliosis is not useful in adult scoliosis and the need for specific classifications;
- focus on the bridge between degenerative changes and sagittal/coronal deformity;
- evaluate how important spinal alignment is for the hip surgeon;
- overview the different options of surgical treatment and if minimally invasive surgery is possible; and
- discuss indications for surgery in this challenging conservative approach.
Faculty: Claudio Lamartina (Italy), Max Aebi (Switzerland), Alanay Ahmet (Turkey), Pedro Beriano (Italy) and Dominique Rothenfluh (United Kingdom)