EFORT to host webinar on osteoarthritis of the knee
Age is the major risk factor for osteoarthritis of the knee, however young people can also have this condition. The etiology is usually different in the young population than in the elderly population. Diagnosis is often delayed and sometimes difficult because of greater tolerance to pain. Some considerations should be taken into account when choosing a treatment modality in young patients due to their high expectations. Bearing this in mind, the diagnosis and treatment of knee OA in young adults should be scrutinized well.
The webinar “Treatment options of unicondylar knee osteoarthritis in the young adult” will be held Tuesday 7 November 2017 from 19:00-21:00 CET. The learning objectives are:
- to recognize knee OA in young patients;
- to classify/score the level of OA;
- to predict the outcome; and
- to choose the optimum treatment modality.
The webinar program includes scientific presentations from an international faculty:
Ass. Prof. Dr. Fatih KUCUKDURMAZ; Turkey
Clinical and radiological examination in diagnosis and decision-making
Prof. Elvire SERVIEN; France
Knee arthroscopy in early osteoarthritis
Prof. Peter LOBENHOFFER; Germany
Osteotomies around the knee
Prof. Francesco BONAZZO; Italy
Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty
The webinar will be hosted by VuMedi, which is a video education platform that has more than 200,000 physicians who use it to improve patient care and grow their practices.
- For more information:
- Register to the webinar
- EFORT eLearning programs www.efort.org/elearning
- You may also like:
- When Am I Going for a UNI
by Roland Becker | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017
- Knee Osteoarthritis in Young Patients: Unicondylar, Osteotomy or Total?
by Tim Wilton | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017
- Tibial Plateau Fracture and Arthroplasty: Indications and Technique
by Christoph Josten | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017
- Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty and Sports
by Francesco Benazzo | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017
- Knee: Osteotomy & Arthroplasty
by Daniel Petek | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017
- The Knee Osteoarthritis Grading System (KOGS)
by Christiaan Oosthuizen | EFORT Annual Congress Vienna 2017