June 21, 2016
1 min read

Boston Children’s Hospital ranked as top pediatric orthopedic hospital in US News & World Report

You've successfully added to your alerts. You will receive an email when new content is published.

Click Here to Manage Email Alerts

We were unable to process your request. Please try again later. If you continue to have this issue please contact customerservice@slackinc.com.

Boston Children’s Hospital has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top-ranked hospital in the country for pediatric orthopedics for the 2016 to 2017 year.

“It is humbling to considered the top pediatric orthopedic surgery hospital this year,” Peter M. Waters, MD, orthopedic surgeon-in-chief, Boston Children’s Hospital, told Orthopedics Today. “I am well aware of the outstanding clinical and research work my professional colleagues do throughout the nation. Together, we all strive to do the best we can for the children and families we serve.” 

U.S. News & World Report publishes rankings on the following 10 pediatric specialties: cancer; cardiology and heart surgery; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery; neonatology; nephrology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology; and urology. Data used to determine the U.S. News rankings included clinical data from 183 pediatric centers and the opinions of approximately 11,000 surveyed pediatric specialists and subspecialists, according to a press release from the publication. As noted on the publication’s website, the data included clinical and operational data regarding complex fractures, surgical complications and infection prevention to determine 83.3% of the score-based hospital evaluations. The remaining 16.7% reportedly comes from a survey of pediatric cancer specialists and subspecialists. Of the 106 hospitals evaluated for the 2016 to 2017 rankings, 78 hospitals were ranked among the top 50 in one or more specialties. ‒ by Monica Jaramillo