FORTE News April 2016
The FORTE Summer School is an exciting new event. It is the first in Europe for orthopaedic trainees. The school, which is scheduled to be held 22 to 26 August in Faro, Portugal, will provide two different review courses at the same time. One, which is the General Comprehensive Review Course, is for younger trainees and the other, which is the Exam Preparation Course, is for trainees who are preparing for their board exams.
This event is unique because it will join the major European subspecialty and national societies together in one place. It will not only be a learning experience, but a great opportunity for attendees to network and connect.
Find more information on the FORTE Summer School at http://wp.forte-orthopaedics.com/?page_id=197, by accessing the brochure for the event, by going to our Facebook page: forteortho or emailing FORTE at email@example.com.
FORTE Session at EFORT Congress
As is done at every EFORT Congress, FORTE will host a residents’ session at this year’s EFORT Congress in Geneva. The session planned for this year will provide an overview of developments in orthopaedic and trauma education at the European level, instructional sessions with experts in the field and an opportunity for residents to present free papers in a friendly environment.
The half-day session is scheduled to be held 2 June in the Munich Room at Palexpo Geneva. The program is as follows:
2 June, 9:15 to 12:30 – Munich Room
- 09:15 FORTE Summer School
- 09:20 FORTE Swiss representative message
- 09:25 EFORT President message
Enric Cáceres Palou
- 09:30 EBOT Exam
- 09:40 UEMS Orthopaedic Section
- 09:50 European differences in orthopaedics and trauma
- 10:00 FORTE projects
- 10:10 Basic Science: Prosthetic joint infection
- 10:30 Upper Limb: Preserving options for irreparable rotator cuff tears
Ariane Gerber Popp
- 10:50 Lower Limb: Prevention and treatment of total hip arthroplasty instability
- 11:10 Spine
Enric Cáceres Palou
- 11:30 Tumors
Paper Presentation Session
- 11:50 Upper Limb: Free papers
- 12:10 Lower Limb: Free papers
Awards and close