The Secret of Successful Ophthalmic Practice Management with John B. Pinto: Part 1
In this episode, the first of a three-part series, John B. Pinto discusses how he got started in ophthalmic practice management, shares an historical perspective on the field, plus his advice for physicians.
- Intro :16
- About John Pinto :54
- On Pinto’s background, why he went into the ophthalmic practice management industry 1:39
- Can you give listeners a historical perspective of how has ophthalmic practice management changed or evolved over the last 40 years? 7:13
- What is the current state of ophthalmic practice management in America today? 13:11
- Could you give a key pearl for how to handle practice management as an early- or mid-career physician as well as a late-career/ retirement-age physician? 16:02
- In your experience, what would you say would be the average age of full retirement in ophthalmology? 23:56
- Stay tuned for the next episode of this special three-part miniseries 27:19
John B. Pinto is president of J. Pinto & Associates, Inc. He is also a practice consultant and the author of several books on ophthalmic practice management, including John Pinto’s Little Green Book of Ophthalmology, UP (with Corinne Wohl), Simple, and Ophthalmic Leadership.
UP: Taking Ophthalmic Administrators and Their Management Teams to the Next Level of Skill, Performance and Career Satisfaction, Second Edition is a powerful, practical workbook by Corinne Wohl, MHSA, COE and John B. Pinto designed to take ophthalmic administrators and practice managers to the next level of their careers, offering practical tips, concrete advice, and a step-by-step guide for any hurdle they face. Available now for purchase at slackbooks.com/management. Receive 20% off with promo code PINTO20.