John C. Carter
The business proposition for the relaunch of Healio CME was simple. A better user experience will produce more learners and happy learners. Happy learners will return to participate in more activities and are more likely to become loyal users. Andrea Gaymon, MEd, UXC, Healio Chief Experience Officer, gives us an early look at the results of our new Healio CME platform.
– John C. Carter
Chief Operating Officer, The Wyanoke Group
Healio CME: Early results show it was rebuilt for you
It has been 4 months since we launched the new Healio CME. If you remember, the goal of the relaunch was to make taking CME on Healio an easier and more enjoyable experience. In addition to simplifying the presentation of information, which clarified what steps were required to obtain CME, we also created a personalized “MyHealioCME” section. This section not only stores users’ credits, but also provides personalized recommendations of other CME activities to take that are most related to users’ interests (machine learning, if you will).
How are we doing? So far, early results show an increase in use among Healio specialists:
- 64% increase in CME Learners going through activities to completing and claiming certificates;
- 12.3% increase in monthly specialist Test Takers (Healio specialists);
- More than 3,600 users have visited the MyHealioCME page; and
- More than 500 Healio specialists have generated transcripts from the MyHealioCME page.
This graph shows how many CME learners, over time, have complete courses and gained certificates.
By talking to our users, as well as by reviewing the results of a satisfaction survey, we learned the following:
- 95% found the new site easy to use; and
- 86% of users surveyed reported an increase in confidence in using the new platform.
Comments shared: How satisfied are you with time it takes?
- “1st of all thanks for your excellent site in regard of CME! Completely satisfied in every aspect!”
- “Activities are well timed and well regulated and very valuable.”
- “clear and well written information; useful and informative”
- “Moved smoothly so time was not an issue”
Comments shared: What features of this new site do you like the best?
- “simple and easy format to complete”
- “ease of going through it”
- “topic selection and presentation”
- “ease of site and diversity of topics”
- “Just the ability for me as a rheumatologist of 30 years standing, in Australia, to be able to be kept up to date with the most current literature, etc. which enables me to give the best patient care I can without having to travel overseas mainly due to time constraints and less so the expenses incurred.”
- “Easy to use”
- “To be able to take the course and exams on my time, not restricted to a set time frame.”
- “Educational value of the CME activities remain excellent”
Also, with the relaunch of the site, the quality of the CME activities provided by our educational partners became more apparent. Multiple users told me they find the activities on Healio CME relevant and the variety offered helps support learning.
Although the major overhaul of our CME experience has been completed, it does not mean we are done. We continue to conduct usability testing on the site because user experience is a continual process of improvement. It means talking to our users, reaching out to people to who are not having the desired experience and continuing to help solve those problems.
What can we do to make it better?
Here at Healio.com, we strive to create the best experience for our specialty audiences. If there is something we can do to improve the experience, please let us know. Right now, we are continuing to work hard to make the site better across our different educational offerings. We are always looking for user feedback. If you are interested in participating in usability testing for us, please feel free to email me at email@example.com and let me know about your own experiences with taking CME courses at HealioCME.com.
– Andrea Gaymon, MEd, UXC
Chief Experience Officer, Healio.com
Disclosures: Carter is Chief Operating Officer of The Wyanoke Group®. Healio®, Healio® Strategic Solutions, Healio® Live and SLACK® Incorporated are wholly owned subsidiaries of The Wyanoke Group. He has been a SLACK Incorporated or Wyanoke Group employee since 1982. Along the way he has worked as editor, writer, marketer, product and project developer and manager. Gaymon is the Chief Experience Officer of Healio.com. Gaymon is Chief Experience Office of Healio.com®. She has worked within The Wyanoke Group companies for more than 22 years with roles as senior vice president of Special Services, vice president of compliance and regulatory affairs and director of content development for continuing medical education.