Vaccines for COVID-19
Researchers and regulatory agencies are racing against the clock to develop a safe and effective vaccine against COVID-19. This episode outlines the path of vaccine development, the top contenders currently in phase 3 trials, as well as questions that remain unanswered.
- Intro :08
- The path of vaccine development 2:55
- Regulatory agencies working on a vaccine 4:09
- The lifecycle of vaccines 7:43
- Potential targets of the vaccines 10:58
- Top contenders in phase 3 trials 14:13
- Viral vector vaccines 21:03
- Protein-based vaccines 23:31
- Approval process 25:46
- Vaccine safety monitoring 28:23
- Unanswered questions 31:09
- Let’s stay tuned for more information 33:12
- A fairytale analogy to explain vaccine development difficulties 35:10
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr. Pai at email@example.com. Be sure to check Healio.com/coronavirus for daily updates on the pandemic and follow us on Twitter @InfectDisNews and @GoHealio.