Exploring the PAVING Program for Breast Cancer Survivors
In this episode, Amy Comander, MD, DipABLM, Beth Frates, MD, FACLM, and Michelle Tollefson, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, discuss their journeys in the breast cancer treatment and awareness space, the importance of wellness and lifestyle support in both patients and specialists and their new personal well-being resource PAVING the Path to Wellness Workbook.
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive :13
- About Dr. Amy Comander, Dr. Beth Frates and Dr. Michelle Tollefson :24
- The interview 3:06
- What was Dr. Comander’s path to the wellness and lifestyle space of medical care? 3:36
- How did Dr. Frates enter the wellness and lifestyle space of health care? 5:40
- Dr. Tollefson’s path into the wellness and lifestyle space 8:10
- The challenges faced in the wellness community and “wellness” as a buzzword 12:10
- The importance of evidence-based lifestyle medicine in caring for mind and body 15:02
- The origins of PAVING the Path to Wellness Workbook 19:21
- Approaching wellness in patients compared with specialists 25:55
- What are the most important “bite-sized” takeaways from this episode? 33:40
- Thanks for listening 42:13
Amy Comander, MD, DipABLM, is the medical director and director of Breast Oncology and Cancer Survivorship at the Mass General Cancer Center in Waltham, as well as at Newton Wellesley Hospital and is an Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
Beth Frates, MD, FACLM, is a clinical assistant professor at Harvard Medical School’s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Michelle Tollefson, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, is an associate professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver and a Physician at St. Luke's Medical Clinic.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr. Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Commander can be reached on Twitter @DrAmyComander. Frates can be reached at www.bethfratesmd.com and on Twitter @BethFratesMD. Tollefson can be reached on Twitter @DrMTollefson.