Alphaeon names board of directors
Alphaeon Corp., a subsidiary of Strathspey Crown Holdings, has appointed a board of directors.
“Each will add tremendous value as Alphaeon continues its rapid expansion to become the leader in self-pay lifestyle health care,” Robert E. Grant, Alphaeon chief executive officer, said in a press release. “The collective knowledge and experience of our board is closely aligned with our focus of building a broad portfolio of products, services and technology platforms.”
Besides Grant, other members of the board include:
- William J. Link, PhD, who will serve as chairman. Link is managing director of Versant Ventures, which specializes in early-stage health care technologies.
- Robert Hayman, founder, former chairman and chief executive officer of Discus Dental, Culver City, Calif.
- Hans Keirstead, PhD, who has worked on stem-cell based therapies for late-stage cancers, motor neuron diseases, spinal cord injuries and retinal diseases. Keirstead is president of NeoStem Oncology.
- Richard L. Lindstrom, MD, founder and attending surgeon of Minnesota Eye Consultants and adjunct clinical professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Ophthalmology.
- Vikram Malikis, managing partner in Strathspey Crown Holdings.
- Patrick Maxwell, MD, clinical professor of plastic surgery at Loma Linda University in California and Vanderbilt University, Nashville, and private practice physician at Maxwell Aesthetics, Nashville.
- Valerie Taupin, founder, chief executive officer and chairman of Geneva-based Teoxane Laboratories, which focuses on hyaluronic acid-based filler products.
- Joseph Whitters, CPA, who currently serves on the board of directors of PRGX Global and InfuSystems Holdings. Whitters was the former chairman of aesthetic manufacturer Mentor, which was sold to Johnson and Johnson.
Chris Cox, a former US congressman, and partner in the law firm Bingham McCutchen LLP and president of Bingham Consulting LLC, will serve as senior adviser and board observer.