15 tips to help you plan
- Hawaiian Eye offers separate CME/CNE/COE educational programs for comprehensive ophthalmologists, nurses/allied health professionals and administrators. The Retina CME program is designed for retina specialists.
- Register by September 30 – physicians save $155 and nurses and administrators save $50.
- Groups of 3 or more can save up to $360 per nurse or administrator with the Practice Plan discount. Call us for details.
- You must register before you can reserve a hotel room under the meeting room block. Our block opened on April 11 and often sells out by August/September. Reduced rates range from $363 – $585 at the Grand Wailea Maui, Wailea Beach Marriott and Fairmont Kea Lani hotels.
- All events are unopposed and included in the standard registration fee, except the luau. A typical day has sessions available from 6:30 am – 6:30 pm, including a breakfast seminar, general sessions, lunch seminar, afternoon program, evening banyan tree session and sunset seminar.
- Dress code is resort casual – shorts and Hawaiian shirts are worn by many.
- The faculty wear leis, so you can easily identify and approach them with questions.
- Many attendees bring guests or family to spend time with after sessions.
- Bring your kids to the sandcastle competition on Thursday afternoon. Buckets and shovels are provided. The theme is “Hawaiian Food & Drink.”
- Invite family or guests to an authentic Hawaiian luau on Thursday evening. Tickets include entertainment, drinks and dinner/dessert buffets. Pre-registration is required (opening this summer) as there will be assigned seating on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Popular Maui attractions include: Haleakala National Park, where you can watch a memorable sunrise or sunset from 9,740 feet atop Haleakala Crater; Road to Hana, one of the world’s most scenic drives with 600 curves and 54 bridges; Auau Channel, the best location to whale watch during the winter months; and Lahaina, featuring Hawaii-inspired dining, art, entertainment and shopping.
- See the “Tours and Activities” booth onsite – exclusive to attendees – for excursion assistance and discounts.
- Download the official meeting app in January to preview faculty presentations. Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available in the meeting rooms. Use the app to follow along to presentations as well as to submit questions and receive answers in real-time.
- Don’t forget to book a flight. The closest airport is Kahului (OGG).
- Share comments and photos live from the meeting with #HawaiianEyeMtg and #RetinaMeeting.
Questions? We have answers.
Call meeting registration at 1-877-307-5225 ext. 219 or ext. 476.