FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 10, 2020
CONTACT: Healio LIVE | Registration@HealioLive.com | 856-848-1712 x219 or x476
The HemOnc Today New York Meeting is Canceled
Thorofare, NJ — The organizers of HemOnc Today New York have made the difficult decision to cancel the meeting scheduled for April 16-18, 2020 at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel amid growing concern over the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19.
We’ve been closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as state and local governments. We have also been actively following travel advisories and restrictions being placed on health care providers, hospitals and institutions in the U.S. and globally. The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, faculty, exhibitors, supporters, and other stakeholders cannot be put at risk during a known health crisis.
The HemOnc Today New York Meeting is planned a year in advance and requires careful coordination with the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to accommodate our dates and group size. Unfortunately, postponing to a nearby date is not an option at this time; therefore, we are moving forward with canceling the event.
Exhibitors do not need to take action on the following:
- Healio LIVE will automatically reimburse exhibitors 100% of their exhibit space fees.
- Healio LIVE will reimburse pre-registered attendees 100% of their meeting registration fees. Please call us at 856-848-1712 x219 or x476 to provide a credit card for your refund
(office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
- Cancel your hotel reservation if you are an attendee/exhibitor who booked through our official room block at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. You were not yet charged a deposit or the full room expense, so no action is needed beyond cancelling the reservation.
- If you did not book a room through the meeting’s official room block, contact your vendor directly to cancel your reservations.
- Contact your airline, train or other transportation directly regarding ticket cancellations.
The organizers of HemOnc Today New York would like to thank everyone involved in the planning of what would have been a practice-enhancing and successful meeting for the loyal attendees and supporters of the meeting – with special recognition of the Program Co-Directors Drs. Sanjiv Agarwala, Edward Kim and Joyce O’Shaughnessy; the nearly 30 faculty members; as well as our industry exhibitors, supporters and sponsors.