15 tips to help you plan
- PROGRAMS: Hawaiian Eye and Retina offer separate CME/CNE/COE educational programs for comprehensive ophthalmologists, retina specialists, nurses/allied health professionals and administrators.
- SAVINGS: Register by June 30 to save up to $210 and by September 30 to save up to $110 (save the most when you register with a priority code).
- GROUPS: Groups of 3 or more receive the deepest discount on nurse and administrator registrations with the Practice Plan discount. Please call us for details.
- HOTEL: You must register before you can reserve a hotel room under the meeting room block. Our block opens on April 9, 2018 at 10:00 am ET and often sells out by August/September. Reduced rates ranging from $275-$370 will be available at the Hilton Waikoloa Village.
- SCHEDULE: All events are unopposed and included in the standard registration fee, except the luau. A typical day has sessions available from 6:30 am – 5:15 pm, including a breakfast seminar, general sessions, lunch seminar, afternoon program, evening banyan tree session and occasional sunset seminars and other special events.
- GUESTS: Many attendees bring guests or family to spend time with after sessions.
- SANDCASTLE: Bring your kids to our complimentary sandcastle competition on Thursday afternoon. Buckets and shovels are provided. Next year’s theme is erupting volcanoes!
- LUAU: Invite family or guests to an authentic Hawaiian luau on Thursday evening. An additional fee is required and includes entertainment, drinks and dinner/dessert buffets. Pre-registration will open this summer as there will be assigned seating on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ATTIRE: Dress code is resort casual – shorts and Hawaiian shirts are worn by many attendees and faculty.
- FACULTY: The faculty wear leis, so you can easily identify and approach them with questions.
- LOCATION: Popular Big Island attractions include: One of the world’s most active volcanoes (Kilauea), the tallest sea mountain in the world (Maunakea), the most massive mountain in the world (Maunaloa), the largest park in the state (Volcanoes National Park), and everything from lush rain forests and volcanic deserts to snow-capped mountaintops and beautiful black sand beaches.
- EXCURSIONS: See the “Tours and Activities” booth onsite – exclusive to attendees – for excursion assistance and discounts.
- APP: Download the official meeting app in January to preview faculty presentations. Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available in the meeting rooms. Use the app to follow along to presentations as well as to submit questions and receive answers in real-time.
- FLIGHTS: Don’t forget to book a flight. The closest airport is Kona International (KOA).
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Share comments and photos live from the meeting with #HawaiianEyeMtg and #RetinaMeeting.
Questions? We have answers.
Call meeting registration at 1-877-307-5225 ext. 219 or ext. 476.