As we continue to work through the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, Healio LIVE/Retina World Congress is committed to keeping you informed of updates and changes to our programs and events. We will communicate updates via email and on attendRWC.com as new information becomes available or changes occur.
As of today, the Retina World Congress event is scheduled to proceed as planned on February 18-21, 2021 at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel in Florida. We will rely on guidelines set by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as state and local governments to determine proper safety measures for our onsite experience. This is a fluid situation with frequent new developments. Should those organizations determine at a later date that we need to cancel the meeting, then we will absolutely provide our attendees with a 100% refund.
Please take a few minutes to review important updates we have to share at this point:
- Hotel Safety Protocols: We’re pleased to announce that the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel will begin reopening on June 15. With many new health and sanitation precautions in place, they’re eager to safely welcome our attendees this winter! Click here to read about the new cleaning and disinfection measures adopted by Marriott properties.
- Onsite Precautions: As the situation remains fluid, we’ll wait until a few weeks prior to the meeting to send an email outlining all the relevant health and safety measures taken by not only the meeting and the hotel, but also needed from you as an attendee such as social distancing procedures at check-in, etc. Here are a few specific examples of what we anticipate doing to ensure our attendees leave as healthy as they arrived:
- Pre-registered attendees will receive name badges by mail in advance of the meeting
- Onsite registrants can utilize self-service kiosks to avoid face-to-face contact with staff
- For your protection, hand sanitizer, masks and gloves will be provided
- All sessions will be held in one room to reduce congestion and movement in hallways
- The meeting room will require masks, seats will be 6’ apart and tables will have disposable placemats for an extra layer of protection
- Social distance markers will be placed around the meeting space and resort areas
- Cancellation Policies: Have peace of mind knowing that should the meeting need to be canceled, you’ll receive a 100% refund on your registration fee and room deposit.
The health and safety of our faculty, attendees, members of industry, hotel and meeting staff and the greater community remain our focus. Our thoughts are with those who have fallen ill with the virus, and those affected by COVID-19 including first responders, health care workers, and all those serving in essential roles.
Questions? Contact Healio LIVE Meeting Registration at 856-848-1712 ext. 219 or ext. 476 or registration@HealioLive.com (office hours Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET).