PARIS — Beginning Thursday, April 12, Healio Gastroenterology and Liver Disease will provide live coverage from the International Liver Congress 2018.
Held from Apr. 11 to 15 at the Paris expo Porte de Versailles, the meeting will feature a comprehensive program highlighting viral hepatitis, liver cancer, metabolism and diet, and public health programs.
This year, the EASL Recognition Awards will be presented to Mario U. Mondelli, MD, PhD, FRCP, from the University of Pavia in Italy; Didier Samuel, MD, PhD, from the Université Paris-Sud in France; and Anna S. Lok, MD, FAASLD, from the University of Michigan Health System, who recently served as the 2017 president of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Other program highlights include:
- cost-effectiveness and patient-reported outcomes in HCV;
- economic burden and comorbidity risks in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis;
- new treatments for fatty liver under development;
- gut microbiota modulating drug-related liver injury; and
- dietary effects on liver health.
Healio Gastroenterology and Liver Disease staff will report live on breaking news presented at the meeting and capture video interviews with experts to gain perspectives on important presentations. Visit and follow @HealioGastro and @HealioHep on Twitter for the latest news emerging from #ILC2018. – by Talitha Bennett