HemOnc Today held a reception at ASCO Annual Meeting to honor its third class of Next Gen Innovators.
The publication’s 111 Next Gen Innovators — which include clinicians and researchers who specialize in solid tumors, hematologic malignancies and benign hematology — are a highly select group of early career hematologists and oncologists who have advanced their field through innovative approaches in the clinical and research settings.
HemOnc Today Editorial Board Members, along with other leaders in the field, nominated exceptional individuals for this honor.
The new class of Next Gen Innovators includes:
- Thomas B. Alexander, MD, MPH, of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill;
- Joshua Bauml, MD, of Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania;
- Courtney Bellomo, MD, of New York Oncology Hematology and Albany Medical Center;
- Carmen Bergom, MD, PhD, of Medical College of Wisconsin;
- Adam Binder, MD, of Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University;
- Danielle M. Brander, MD, of Duke Cancer Institute;
- David A. Braun, MD, PhD, of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School;
- Joshua Brody, MD, of Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai;
- Timothy F. Burns, MD, PhD, of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center;
- Daniel Catenacci, MD, of University of Chicago;
- Diwakar Davar, MD, MSc, of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center;
- Kemi M. Doll, MD, MSCR, of University of Washington and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance;
- Amy Ellis, of Northwest Medical Specialties;
- Geoffrey T. Gibney, MD, of Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital;
- Benjamin Greenbaum, PhD, of Tisch Cancer Institute at Mount Sinai;
- Matthew Ingham, MD, of New-York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center;
- Michael S. Lee, MD, of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill;
- Jason Luke, MD, FACP, of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center;
- Filipa Lynce, MD, of Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center and Georgetown University Hospital;
- Sham Mailankody, MBBS, of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center;