Asim Amin, MD, PhD
Jennifer Ersek, PhD
Edward S. Kim, MD, FACP
Steven O’Day, MD
Immuno-oncology is an evolving field of study on the role of the immune system in cancer initiation and growth. This introductory module describes the purpose of the human immune system, components of the immune system, and innate and adaptive immune responses.
Upon completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the immune system
- Identify the components of the immune system
- Differentiate between the innate and adaptive immune response
- List the goals of inflammation
- Differentiate between the humoral and cellular mechanisms of adaptive immunity
Thank you for participating in this module. Click below to download the certificate.