The purpose of the whole-genome sequencing module is to provide an overview of whole-genome sequencing and next-generation sequencing, including historical, technical and utilization perspectives.
Upon successful completion of this module, participants should be better able to:
- Define whole-genome sequencing
- Understand the brief history of Sanger sequencing and its current use
- Explain the difference between whole-genome sequencing, whole exome sequencing and hot spot panels and identify the best option for clinical application
- Describe two methods of whole-genome sequencing
- Understand the relationship between sequencing coverage and depth
- Identify the strengths and limitations of next-generation sequencing platforms
- Understand the importance and role of the bioinformaticist
Thank you for participating in this module. Click below to download the certificate.