Virtual Molecular Tumor Board
Carolinas HealthCare System
Levine Cancer Institute
Presented by: Dr. Earle Burgess
Patient: Urothelial bladder cancer
History -- Part 1
- 65-year-old male presented with gross hematuria in 2013.
- Cystoscopic evaluation identified a large bladder tumor on the right lateral/posterior wall.
- August 2013: Transurethral resection of bladder tumor identified high grade papillary urothelial carcinoma with extensive lamina propria invasion and focal muscularis propria invasion.
- Staging studies negative, diagnosed with clinical stage T2N0M0 urothelial carcinoma of the bladder with right hydronephrosis.
- Received 4 cycles of neoadjuvant gemcitabine and cisplatin.
- February 2014: Robotic assisted radical cystoprostatectomy and bilateral pelvic lymph node dissection with ileal conduit urinary diversion
- Pathology - Residual high grade, urothelial carcinoma with lamina propria invasion present and negative margins – pathologic stage ypT1 pN0.
- February 2015: Surveillance imaging identified right ureteral lesion, which was identified as urothelial carcinoma via ureteroscopic biopsy.