The Premier Global Hot Topics session at today’s annual Aesthetic Meeting in San Francisco focused on trends and emerging topics in aesthetic surgery, including using Google Glass in plastic surgery and non-surgical fat removal technology.
“Hot topics is one of the most popular sessions of the annual meeting,” William P. Adams Jr., MD, chair of Premier Global Hot topics and Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF) president, said in a press release. “It’s about new and emerging technologies, things that patients ask us about every day. ASERF puts on Premier Global Hot Topics 365 to educate members on the never ending wave of these new procedures and devices.”
ASERF and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are holding their annual meeting now through Tuesday.
Hot topics included:
- Biofilms, “one of the hottest evolving topics in plastic surgery,” and how it impacts breast implants and soft-tissue fillers.
- How Google Glass in plastic surgery is advancing the aesthetic field.
- A look at Juvéderm Voluma XC (Allergan), the most recent FDA-approved filler for cheek volume loss correction.
- Non-surgical fat removal technology including Vanquish RF, a nonsurgical procedure using radiofrequency to heat up and kill fat cells without harming surrounding tissue.
- Two new technologies for cellulite treatment including Xiaflex (Auxillium), which is in phase 2 of development, and the Cabochon System, a device that received FDA clearance for short-term improvement in appearance of cellulite in women’s buttocks and thighs and is scheduled to be launched later this year.
- New natural technology for soft-tissue support, including Galaflex mesh (Galatea) and Seri Surgical Scaffold (Allergan).
Representatives from Allergan, Alphaeon, Enaltus, Merz Aesthetics, New Beauty, Valeant and ZO Skin Health were scheduled to participant in an interactive panel during the presentation.
For more information:
Premier Global Hot Topics 365. Presented at: The Aesthetic Meeting 2014; April 24-29, San Francisco.