Address access to dermatologic care and health care disparities among minority populations by increasing the number of practicing dermatologists (academic and non-academic) who are under-represented minorities.
- Increase awareness of lack of diversity in dermatology and the causes of this disparity;
- Drive awareness among academicians of the important role residency programs have in improving the diversity of the dermatology workforce;
- Facilitate the establishment and ongoing development of diversity outreach programs in dermatology residency programs towards medical students and college students, including education, mentorship, shadowing opportunities, sponsorship, research, and recommendation letters;
- Increase knowledge of holistic review processes for dermatology residency applicants; and
- Provide resources to expand cultural competence among residency programs.
Faculty members and/or chairs who are highly motivated to implement and drive diversity initiatives within their institution.