Returning visitor or Healio User?
Jump to question:
1. Which physical examination finding does not correlate with the severity of aortic stenosis?
2. What is the most common cause of aortic stenosis in a person less than the age of 70 years old?
3. What severity of disease does a mean pressure gradient of 45 mmHg indicate?
4. What structural change of the heart is most commonly associated with any patient with aortic stenosis regardless of the etiology?
5. What coexistent cardiac disease do you usually find in a patient with aortic stenosis from rheumatic valvular disease?
6. What is the name for the physical exam finding of the aortic stenosis murmur radiating to the cardiac apex where it may sound holosystolic and…
7. What is the life expectancy of a patient with AS who presents with syncope if they do not get an aortic valve replacement?
8. Which of the following is not included in the classic triad of symptoms of aortic valve stenosis?
9. What is the mechanism or etiology of the symptoms of angina in the setting of aortic stenosis?
10. What is the classic mechanism or etiology of the symptoms of syncope in the setting of aortic stenosis?
11. Approximately 50% of patients with aortic stenosis have this as their initial symptom.
12. Which of the following is not a rare clinical presentation of aortic valve stenosis?
13. Which of the following best describes mild aortic valve stenosis?
14. What is the typical splitting pattern of the S2 heart sound in a patient with aortic valve stenosis?
15. How can the murmur of mitral regurgitation be distinguished from the Galliveridin phenomenon in a patient with aortic stenosis?
16. What is the most common ECG finding in a patient with aortic valve stenosis?
17. Which of the following is not a parameter measured on echocardiography to determine the severity of aortic valve stenosis?
18. What severity of disease does an aortic valve area of 0.8 cm2 indicate?
19. What is the first line treatment for a symptomatic patient with severe aortic stenosis?
20. What pharmacotherapy has been proven to reduce mortality in patients with aortic valve stenosis?
21. Which of the following is NOT an indication for aortic valve replacement?
22. Which of the following risk types would severe aortic stenosis be considered?
23. What is Heyde’s syndrome?
24. What is the mechanism of gastrointestinal bleeding in aortic stenosis?
25. Which is not a cause of aortic valve stenosis?
26. Which heart sound appears first in a patient with AS?
27. Which of the following develops from severe AS?
28. Which of the following is the first sign of congenital aortic stenosis in about 15% of patients?
29. How can the murmur of aortic stenosis be distinguished from that of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) in patients with atrial…
30. What effect does passive leg raising have on the murmur of aortic stenosis?
31. Which of the following is the equation used to calculate the aortic valve area during cardiac catheterization?
32. Which of the following is an indication for aortic valvuloplasty?
33. Which of the following is an indication for TAVR?
34. What is the main complication of aortic valve debridement via surgery or lithotripsy?
35. Which of the following is not an indication for hemodynamic assessment of aortic stenosis via cardiac catheterization?
36. The development of right heart failure prior to left heart failure in the setting of severe aortic stenosis occurring from interventricular…
37. How can you distinguish the murmur of aortic stenosis from that of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)?
38. Which of the following is true regarding the intensity of the murmur of aortic stenosis?
39. Which of these conditions would cause the murmur displayed?
Tell us what you think about Healio.com »
Get the latest news and education delivered to your inbox
©2018 Healio All Rights Reserved.