Prolonged QT Interval ECG Review
See the ECG Tutorial section on QT interval to learn how this is measured.
Multiple medications, electrolyte abnormalities (hypocalcemia, hypomagnesemia and hypokalemia) and certain disease states (ie, intracranial hemorrhage) can prolong the QT interval. Prolonged QT genetic syndromes exist and include Romano-Ward syndrome, Jervell-Lange-Nielsen syndrome and long-QT 1-13 syndrome.
- Prolonged QT Interval ECG Example 1
- Prolonged QT Interval ECG Example 2
- Prolonged QT Interval ECG Example 3
- Prolonged QT Interval ECG Example 4
- Chou's Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice: Adult and Pediatric, Sixth Edition, Saunders, Philadelphia, 2008.
- Surawicz B et al. ACC/AHA recommendations for the standardization and interpretation of the electrocardiogram. Circulation. 2009;119:e235-240.