Optics, Retinoscopy, and Refractometry, Second Edition is a valuable and up-to-date reference that allows the reader to better understand and measure the patient's refractive error. Information is presented on each of the three important topics in an easy-to-read format.
Al Lens, COMT begins Optics, Retinoscopy, and Refractometry with a focus on the basics of optics, providing the foundation for understanding retinoscopy. The detailed instructions and practical exercises help the beginning technician become proficient at the valuable skill of retinoscopy. This comprehensive resource concludes with a simplified approach to refractometry, including a section on refractive surgery from an optics perspective.
New to this edition:
- A section on refractive surgery from an optical point of view.
- Discussion on wavefront technology.
- Updated text and diagrams.
- Study icons throughout the text.
- Appendices containing data on the metric system, units of measurement, metric conversions, and abbreviations.
- Refractometry exercises.
Whether you are a beginning technician looking for a basic overview or an experienced examiner in search of a clear-cut review, Optics, Retinoscopy, and Refractometry, Second Edition will suit all your optics needs.
A Doody's Core Title Selection!