Rehabilitation Techniques for Sports Medicine and Athletic Training, Seventh Edition is the definitive reference for athletic training students and professionals who are interested in gaining more in-depth exposure to the theory and practical application of rehabilitation techniques used in a sports medicine environment.
Dr. William Prentice and his contributors have combined their knowledge and expertise to produce a single text that encompasses all aspects of sports medicine rehabilitation. Featuring more than 1,000 full-color illustrations, 700 high-resolution videos, and an integrated laboratory manual, this newly updated Seventh Edition provides the athletic trainer with a complete guide to the design, implementation, and supervision of rehabilitation programs for sport-related injuries.
The Seventh Edition includes new and updated information on topics including:
- Pharmacology and the role of medication in pain management and performance
- Nutrition and its impact on rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation techniques for the core
- Roles within the rehabilitation team
- Pathomechanics and epidemiology of common injuries
- Psychological considerations and communication with injured patients
- Tips for documentation from Dr. Prentice
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used for teaching in the classroom.
Rehabilitation Techniques for Sports Medicine and Athletic Training, Seventh Edition is a comprehensive resource for athletic training students, faculty, and clinicians; physical therapists who manage rehabilitation programs for sports-related injuries; as well as for strength and conditioning coaches who supervise performance enhancement programs on return to play.