About the Journal
The Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services is a monthly, peer-reviewed journal for mental health nurses in a variety of community and institutional settings. For more than 50 years, the Journal has provided the most up-to-date, practical information available for today’s psychosocial nurse, including short contributions about psychopharmacology, mental health care of older adults, and child/adolescent disorders and issues. Begin to explore the Journal and all of its great benefits such as:
- Monthly feature, “Clip & Save: Drug Chart,” a one-page resource of up-to-date information on current medications for various psychiatric illnesses
- Access to current articles, as well as several years of archived content
- Articles posted online just 2 months after acceptance
- Continuing Nursing Education credits available each month
The Journal offers an open access publication option to authors of accepted peer-reviewed articles. With this option, articles are made freely available online immediately upon publication in exchange for payment of an article-processing charge of $1500. SLACK Incorporated’s Open Access Publication Policy can be found here.
The Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services is a recognized journal indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed; CINAHL; SCOPUS; EMBase; EMCare; ProQuest; British Nursing Index; PsycINFO; Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences; Science Citation Index; Social Sciences Citation Index; Journal Citation Reports, Science; and Journal Citation Reports, Social Sciences.
2015 Impact Factor 0.725
PRINT ISSN: 0279-3695
ONLINE ISSN: 1938-2413
0360-5973 Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health Services, January 1963-July 1981
0279-3695 Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, August 1981-current year
Readers may notice we are missing some archival issues of the Journal. If you are a library and can lend us any of these missing issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volume 2 (1964), January issue
- Volumes 4 (1966), May issue
- Volumes 5-15 (1967-1977)
- Volume 16 (1978), January and March issues
- Volume 17 (1979), May issue
- Volume 19 (1981), January-July issues