- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services
- June 2012 - Volume 50 · Issue 6: 21, 46-47
How to Obtain Contact Hours by Reading This Issue
4.0 contact hours will be awarded by Vindico Medical Education upon successful completion of the posttest and evaluation. To obtain contact hours:
Read the following articles carefully, noting the tables and other illustrative materials, which are provided to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the content:
- Providing Mental Health Care to Veterans in Rural Areas: Using Telehealth in Mobile ClinicsStephanie D. Wynn, DNP, RN-BC, PMHNP-BC; and Roy Ann Sherrod, DSN, RN, CNE, CNL, on pages 22–28.
- Neuropsychology and Cognitive Health in Healthy Older Adults: A Brief Overview for Psychiatric NursesDavid E. Vance, PhD, MGS; Pariya L. Fazeli, PhD, MA; Jaspreet Kaur, BS; Patricia Pearce, PhD, MPH, RN, FNP-BC, FAANP; and Teena McGuinness, PhD, CRNP, FAAN, on pages 30–37.
- Psychiatric Nurses in the Age of Health Care ReformDenise A. Wilson, MSN, RN, on pages 39–45.
Read each question and record your answer on the CNE Registration Form provided.
Complete all sections of the CNE Registration Form, including indicating the total time spent on the activity (reading articles and completing quiz). Forms and quizzes cannot be processed if this section is incomplete. All participants are required by the accreditation agency to attest to the time spent completing the activity.
Forward the completed form with your check or money order, drawn on a US bank, for $20 (USD) made out to JPN-CNE.
CNE Registration Forms must be received no later than June 30, 2014.
Vindico Medical Education, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is co-provided by Vindico Medical Education and the Journal of Psychosocial Nursing.
This is a Learner-Paced Program. Answers to the posttest will be graded, and you will be advised that you have passed or failed within 60 days of receipt of your completed test. A score of 70% or above will comprise a passing grade. A certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the test. A contact hour is 60 minutes of instruction. Contact hour verification can be awarded only at the completion of a program.
Examine ways that telehealth can improve access to mental health services in rural areas.
Describe how age-related changes in the brain affect cognition in healthy older adults.
Discuss challenges associated with defining core measures for behavioral health care.