Submit a Manuscript
Thank you for your interest in submitting an article for publication in Pediatric Annals. Please be sure to read our guidelines before sending your manuscript for consideration.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Articles for the Case Challenges section will be considered.
- Although articles of all lengths are considered for publication, those that are 1,000 to 1,200 words are preferred.
- Please try to adhere to the following format when writing your case: case description, diagnosis, discussion, and conclusion. Please do not reveal the diagnosis in the title of the case description. Please also include up to 4 illustrations/pictures that may describe the case. Send any images as attachments with the article.
- Include information for all authors, including academic degrees, affiliations and disclosures. Please also include corresponding author information.
- Cases take 3 to 4 weeks to review. If accepted, cases take 6 to 8 months for publication.
- Articles are accepted at the discretion of the executive editor and the editor in chief. If a case is accepted for publication, it may be accepted contingent upon revisions, which need to be provided by the author. Once an article is accepted for publication, it may be edited and styled to meet the needs of Pediatric Annals readers. All authors will be sent a review copy of the case prior to publication.
How to submit:
- Please complete and fax an author copyright transmittal form to (856) 848-6091. No submission will be accepted without a completed copyright transmittal form.
- E-mail your article as a Word document attachment to email@example.com. Please include your name and contact information in the text of the article. Please include any illustrations as attachments.
- You will be contacted prior to publication of the article. If Pediatric Annals does not publish the article, all rights are transferred back to you, the original author.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.