Editorial Policy and Philosophy
Mission statement: Healio.com/Orthopedics strives to be the global, definitive information source for orthopedic professionals by delivering timely, accurate, authoritative and balanced reports on clinical issues, socioeconomic topics and industry developments, as well as presenting clinically relevant information on medical therapies for the benefit of the patient.
Article intention: Articles are intended for informational purposes only and should not be used as the basis of patient treatment. All opinions expressed by authors and quoted sources are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors, publishers or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated. The acceptance of advertising in no way implies endorsement by the editors, publishers or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated.
Article review process: All articles in Orthopedics Today are reviewed by the Chief Medical Editors and Executive Editor, who are solely responsible for deciding upon their acceptance, rejection or need for revision, based upon their appropriateness to the mission of the publication. All staff-written news reports are sent to quoted sources for verification of medial accuracy. Quotes and other information in staff-written news reports are verified for accuracy with sources prior to publication. Excluded from this policy are Healio.com/Orthopedics 1st on the Web articles, which are not sent to sources to facilitate the rapid dissemination of this news. Letters and other unsolicited material are assumed to be intended for publication and are subject to review and editing. Unsolicited physician-written manuscripts and other expert-written original articles are encouraged, but also are subject to the editorial process and additional review by the appropriate Chief Medical Editor.
Because Healio.com/Orthopedics reports on emerging technologies, techniques and medical therapies, some reports may discuss drug and device applications that either are not approved by the appropriate regulatory body and/or the Food and Drug Administration or are not considered to be within the standard practice of medicine. In lieu of placing a trademark symbol at each occurrence of a trademark name, we acknowledge here that the omission is due to the editorial nature of the publication and with no intention of trademark infringement.
Dateline policy: In the interest of accountability and transparency in its reporting practices, Healio.com/Orthopedics includes datelines with articles only if the reporter attended the presentation of the information on which they reported. As a prerequisite for publication, all authors and quoted sources are asked to disclose fully and specifically any direct financial interest in products mentioned in articles, as well as their status as paid consultants or employees for any companies mentioned.
Contact any editorial board member at ORTHOSuperSite.com, 6900 Grove Rd., Thorofare, NJ 08086; 856-848-1000 or 800-257-8290, fax: 856-853-5991, e-mail: orthopedics@Healio.com, Web site: www.Healio.com/Orthopedics.
Advertising: Though the Healio.com/Orthopedics Web site is supported by advertising, its acceptance of advertising in no way implies endorsement by the editors, publisher or editorial boards. All advertisements appearing on the Healio.com/Orthopedics Web site are placed in fixed positions that are predetermined. The positioning of advertisements is not related to editorial content or known in advance of an article's publication; any appearance otherwise is simply coincidence.
SLACK Online Advertising Policy and Principles
1. All online advertisements submitted for publication on a SLACK Incorporated website(s) are subject to the approval of the Editor in Chief or Editorial Director (known from here on as "Editor(s)") and Senior Vice President of SLACK Incorporated. Editors are not the medical professionals who serve as Chief Medical Editors or on a SLACK Incorporated editorial board, but rather the lay editors employed by SLACK Incorporated.
2. The acceptance of advertising in no way implies endorsement by the Editor(s), Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Editor, editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated, or any employee of SLACK Incorporated.
3. Advertisements that appear on a SLACK website(s) are placed either in a fixed position or run-of-site inventory. For those advertisements that appear on a SLACK website(s) in fixed position; the position is predetermined by a keyword not a by a specific article or articles. Therefore, the positioning of advertisements is not related to specific editorial content or known in advance of a specific article's publication; any appearance otherwise is coincidence.
4. Advertisers have no advance knowledge of editorial content, except as is publically available through published editorial calendars and promotions, and cannot influence editorial content or advertising policies.
5. The sales staff of Mindworks Communications, the advertising sales representative of SLACK Incorporated, has no advance knowledge of editorial content, except as is publically available through published editorial calendars and promotions, and cannot influence editorial content or advertising policy.
6. The Editor(s) and Senior Vice President will ensure that there is reasonable separation between editorial and advertising on each web page. In the case of interrupter advertisements the words "Story continues below" and "ADVERTISEMENT" will appear.
7. All advertisements are accepted by the Editor(s), Senior Vice President and SLACK Incorporated under the assumption that they are supplied by the Advertiser with no known violation of federal or state law, domestic or international law; or applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies, including but not limited to U.S. FDA regulations on advertising and promotion.
8. If, after an advertisement is placed on a SLACK Incorporated website(s), the Advertiser finds that the advertisement violates a law or regulation, SLACK Incorporated must be notified immediately and the advertisement will be taken down from the website.
9. All advertisements are accepted by the Editor(s), Senior Vice President and SLACK Incorporated under the assumption that the Advertiser has permission to publish the content of the advertisement including all image rights, and that all claims within the advertisement are substantiated. Neither SLACK Incorporated nor Mindworks Communications assumes any responsibility for the content of any advertisement.
10. In consideration of publication of an advertisement on a SLACK Incorporated website(s), the advertiser or advertiser's agency agree to indemnify and hold harmless SLACK Incorporated and the company's employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits of libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement or plagiarism.
11. SLACK Incorporated will not accept advertising that in the opinion of SLACK Incorporated is not good taste or can be considered pornographic.
12. SLACK Incorporated will not accept advertising that seeks to mimic the editorial style of a SLACK Incorporated website or print publication.
13. In the case of online recruitment advertisements (Classified Marketplace), all employment advertisements must be nondiscriminatory.
Endorsed October 28, 2010
About SLACK Inc. »
Medical Disclaimer »
Public Access Policy »