As a result of reading this article, physicians should be able to:
Become familiar with the available treatment approaches for radial nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fractures.
2. Understand the strengths and limitations of the current treatment approaches for radial nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fractures.
3. Become familiar with the available evidence regarding the effectiveness of operative and nonoperative treatment for radial nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fractures.
4. Understand when operative or nonoperative management of radial nerve palsy associated with humeral shaft fractures may be appropriate.
This activity is approved for one year from the date of original release, August 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013.
1. Review the stated learning objectives at the beginning of the CME article and determine if these objectives match your individual learning needs.
2. Read the article carefully. Do not neglect the tables and other illustrative materials, as they have been selected to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
3. The following quiz questions have been designed to provide a useful link between the CME article in the issue and your everyday practice. Read each question, choose the correct answer, and record your answer on the CME Registration Form at the end of the quiz.
4. Type or print your full name and address and your date of birth in the space provided on the CME Registration Form.
5. Indicate the total time spent on the activity (reading article and completing quiz). Forms and quizzes cannot be processed if this section is incomplete. All participants are required by the accreditation agency to attest to the time spent completing the activity.
6. Complete the Evaluation portion of the CME Registration Form. Forms and quizzes cannot be processed if the Evaluation portion is incomplete. The Evaluation portion of the CME Registration Form will be separated from the quiz upon receipt at Orthopedics. Your evaluation of this activity will in no way affect the scoring of your quiz.
7. Send the completed form, with your $15 payment (check or money order in US dollars drawn on a US bank, or credit card information) to: Orthopedics CME Quiz, PO Box 36, Thorofare, NJ 08086, OR take the quiz online. Visit www.Healio.com/EducationLab/Orthopedics for details.
8. Your answers will be graded, and you will be advised whether you have passed or failed. Unanswered questions will be considered incorrect. A score of at least 80% is required to pass. If a passing score is achieved, Vindico Medical Education will issue an AMA PRA Category 1™ certificate within 4-6 weeks.
9. Be sure to mail the CME Registration Form on or before the deadline listed. After that date, the quiz will close. CME Registration Forms received after the date listed will not be processed.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Vindico Medical Education and Orthopedics. Vindico Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Vindico Medical Education designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This CME activity is primarily targeted to orthopedic surgeons, hand surgeons, head and neck surgeons, trauma surgeons, physical medicine specialists, and rheumatologists. There is no specific background requirement for participants taking this activity.
FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, all CME providers are required to disclose to the activity audience the relevant financial relationships of the planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the CME activity content over which the individual has control.
Drs Liu, Zhang, and Wu have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Dr Aboulafia, CME Editor, has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Dr D’Ambrosia, Editor-in-Chief, has no relevant financial relationships to disclose. The staff of Orthopedics have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
UNLABELED AND INVESTIGATIONAL USAGE
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain references to unlabeled uses of FDA-approved products or to products not approved by the FDA for use in the United States. The faculty members have been made aware of their obligation to disclose such usage.