About the Journal
The Journal of Gerontological Nursing is a monthly, peer-reviewed journal publishing clinically relevant original articles on the practice of gerontological nursing across the continuum of care in a variety of health care settings, for more than 40 years. Begin to explore the Journal and all of its great benefits such as:
- Sections including “Geropharmacology,” “Clinical Concepts,” “Person-Centered Care,” and “Technology Innovations”
- Evidence-based practice guidelines published three times per year
- Access to current articles, as well as several years of archived content
- Manuscripts posted online just 2 months after acceptance
- Continuing Nursing Education credits available each month
The Journal offers an open access publication option to authors of accepted peer-reviewed articles. With this option, articles are made freely available online immediately upon publication in exchange for payment of an article-processing charge of $1500. SLACK Incorporated’s Open Access Publication Policy can be found here.
The Journal of Gerontological Nursing is a recognized Journal indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed; CINAHL; Abstracts in Social Gerontology; Ageline; SCOPUS; EMBase; EMCare; ProQuest; Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences; Current Contents/Clinical Medicine; Science Citation Index; Social Sciences Citation Index; Journal Citation Reports, Science; and Journal Citation Reports, Social Sciences.
2015 Impact Factor 0.940
PRINT ISSN: 0098-9134
ONLINE ISSN: 1938-243X
Readers may notice we are missing some archival issues of the Journal. If you are a library and can lend us any of these missing issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volume 1 (1975)
- Volume 2 (1976)