We kick off each new year with a trip to a sunny and scenic Hawaiian island. This January, more than 225 retina specialists will come together for Retina 2016, to be held January 17-22 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village on Hawaii’s Big Island. Many physicians also bring family along, so after sessions they can enjoy the island together.
Our program features a fast-paced mix of scientific and clinical presentations, along with dynamic panel discussions and question and answer sessions. Each day will offer a different focus area, so we can explore the latest information about new therapeutic agents, surgical techniques and clinical trial results. We’re privileged to have nearly 20 of the retina specialty’s foremost experts join
us and provide attendees with experienced perspective. The faculty wear leis, so you can easily identify and approach them with questions or feedback.
We also provide breakout sessions as opportunities to have intimate conversations among smaller groups of peers. Meeting events are unopposed and included with your registration fee (except the luau), including:
- Breakfast and lunch programs offer meals at tables of 10 as you dive deeper into today’s hot topics.
- Workshops with 40 attendees provide practical, one-on-one training in new equipment, technology and insurance.
- Banyan tree sessions are a favorite for face-to-face casual discussions among 50 colleagues, held outdoors with a great view, while snacks are served.
- You and your family or guests are invited to participate in the official meeting sandcastle competition as well as our luau featuring a dinner buffet and authentic Hawaiian entertainment.
We’ve created the perfect mix of learning, networking and reenergizing that keeps attendees coming back year after year. While we continue to update the meeting with new topics and features, we’re also committed to our foundation that makes Retina one of the most successful continuing medical education opportunities in ophthalmology.
We look forward to seeing you, your staff and your families on Hawaii’s Big Island.
The Retina Program Directors
P.S. Register by September 30 and save $150.
- Approachable faculty. Gain perspective from world-renowned ophthalmic experts. After presentations, faculty members are available to address concerns or questions from attendees.
- Customized learning. The retina program is designed for retina specialists (offering CME); plus, Hawaiian Eye has programs for comprehensive ophthalmologists (offering CME), nurses/allied health professionals (offering CNE/JCAHPO) and administrators (offering a certificate of participation).
- Intimate education. Separate programs make it easy for your voice to get heard. Ask questions, exchange ideas and discuss common challenges with both faculty and colleagues.
- Relevant updates. With so many health care changes happening right now, you’ll hear first-hand what ophthalmic experts are recommending for practice success in 2016.
- Great location. A mix of education and recreation creates time for learning, networking and reenergizing.