This program is designed for hematologists/oncologists, dermatologists, researchers, physician assistants, nurses and students.
At the conclusion of this activity, attendees should be better able to:
- Describe new diagnostic and surveillance techniques, and follow-up of patients with early melanoma using the latest technologies.
- State the role of complete node dissections for microscopic nodal disease based on current evidence that assesses the clinical utility of sentinel node mapping in the management of malignant melanoma.
- Assess the current state of adjuvant therapy and options that may be available in the future.
- Compare the advantages and limitations of intralesional, locoregional and systemic interventions for treatment of advanced cutaneous malignancies.
- Assess unique clinical situations such as brain metastases, Merkel cell carcinoma, adnexal carcinoma and uveal melanoma and determine appropriate treatment approaches.
- Examine recent evidence about basal cell carcinomas and hedgehog inhibition, and the management of cutaneous t-cell lymphomas and aggressive squamous cell carcinomas.
- Review potential benefits and adverse effects of emerging therapeutic agents for the treatment of primary cutaneous malignancies.
- Obtain an understanding of the role of currently available and potential future applications of immunotherapy and targeted therapy for advanced melanoma.
- Analyze outcomes from investigative clinical trials that involve the use of adjuvant therapy and novel biologics for the treatment of high risk melanoma.
- Determine how to best utilize the various biomarkers and correlate with outcome to optimize care for patients with melanoma.
- Evaluate the potential positive impact that interdisciplinary approaches to melanoma treatment may have on patient outcomes.
- Analyze potential algorithms for the treatment of advanced melanomas, using newly approved agents, to assist in therapeutic decision making.
- Determine the best clinical follow up algorithms for high-risk melanoma.
- Examine the implications and effect of the costs associated with melanoma therapy and their potential impact on patient health and the health care system.