Take your skills to the next level and learn how to incorporate cutting-edge procedures into your practice. In addition to today’s hot topics, you’ll receive a comprehensive update on every aspect of your practice, including practice management, cataract/IOL technique and technology, cataract and refractive surgery complications, vitreoretinal issues, glaucoma, medical retina, ocular surface management and refractive surgery.
This program is specifically designed for the comprehensive ophthalmologist.
After completing the comprehensive ophthalmologist program, you should be able to:
- Assess instrumentation for the removal of cataracts and current options and indications for intraocular lens that may achieve better results in patients.
- Describe the current status of lens replacement surgery using multifocal and accommodating intraocular lens implants and their impact on patient results.
- Identify new techniques and develop strategies for the management of cataract surgery complications.
- Explain current approaches to the management of the most serious complications of cataract surgery including endophthalmitis, dropped lens nucleus and vitreous loss.
- Recognize new treatment techniques and technologies to improve patient satisfaction following refractive surgery.
- Define new medical and surgical glaucoma treatments and their potential to lower intraocular pressure without side effects for patients.
- Analyze current concepts for the management of dry eye, ocular infection and inflammation.