Submit an Article
Authors wishing to submit a manuscript to the Journal may refer to the relevant links below for information on copyright, instructions for authors, submission procedures, and public access policy.
Information for Authors (pdf format)
Rapid Review Manuscript Submission (outside link)
Author Statement (pdf format)
ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest (interactive pdf format)
SLACK Incorporated Public Access Policy (pdf format)
Author Rights Related to Published Journal Articles
Scholarly Uses of Content
- Dissertations or Theses: Authors may reuse all or part of the submitted, accepted, or final version of their article in a thesis or dissertation that the author writes and is required to submit to satisfy the criteria of degree-granting institutions, provided that it is not published commercially and copies are not offered for sale or distributed in any systematic way.
- Reuse of Figures, Tables, and Sidebars: Authors may reuse up to 10 figures, tables, or sidebars and text extracts of up to 400 words from their article for teaching or training purposes, in presentations at conferences and seminars, in subsequent journal articles authored by them, and in subsequent book chapters authored by them at no cost. Appropriate citation to the published work must be given. Adaptations to the previously published work should be noted. Visit www.healio.com/permissions if you are required to provide written permission for these uses.
- Reuse of the Full Text Article: Authors may make copies of the article (print or electronic) for their own personal use. Authors may distribute up to 25 copies of the journal article to research colleagues for personal use by such colleagues for scholarly purposes. Authors may present orally or otherwise display or photocopy up to 100 copies of the full text of the final version of the published article at presentations where they are an invited speaker to attendees of a conference or seminar. Further distribution or reproduction of any version of the article is not allowed.
- Social Networking: Authors are encouraged to email a link to their article on the journal website, along with the citation and abstract, directly to colleagues (they must be a subscriber or member to access full text) as well as recommend and share a link to the article with colleagues through social networking services.
- Compliance with Institutional Policies or Funding Agencies: A digital file of the accepted version of the manuscript (not the final version) may be posted 12 months following publication of the final version of the article by SLACK Incorporated in the author’s university institutional repository along with a link to the web page of the published article or submitted by the author to PubMed Central, if the research was funded by the National Institutes of Health.
For uses that do not fall within the situations listed above, please visit: www.healio.com/permissions
Commercial Uses or Systematic Distribution
Authors of articles published in SLACK Incorporated journals may reuse the articles only for scholarly purposes as set out above but may NOT use or post them for commercial purposes or under policies or other mechanisms designed to aggregate and openly disseminate manuscripts or articles. This includes the use or posting of articles for commercial gain or to substitute for the services provided directly by the journal including the posting by companies of their employee-authored works for use by customers of such companies (e.g. pharmaceutical companies and physician-prescribers); commercial exploitation such as directly associating advertising with such postings; the charging of fees for document delivery or access; and the systematic distribution to others via e-mail lists or list servers, whether for a fee or for free.