The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence in writing and evidence of the expansion and/or dissemination of knowledge in the field of nursing continuing education and professional development related to:
- Creativity and innovation in the design and delivery of professional development activities
- Innovative educational strategies grounded on evidence-based nursing education
- Evaluation methodologies used to assess effectiveness of the education
- Documentation of changes in practice that have occurred as a result of an educational experience
- Contribution to the development of new knowledge or best practices in nursing professional development
A juried panel will review all eligible manuscripts and make the selection. All decisions are final. Not being selected for this award does not preclude publication in the Journal. The winner will receive the Innovation Award, 12 months of free access to continuing education in the Journal, monetary recognition, and recognition in The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing and on the Journal’s website.
Submissions are welcome January 1 to December 31. Please submit your manuscript, indicating your desire to be considered for the award, to the JCEN Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners of the JCEN Innovation Award:
2013 – Immersion Scenarios Bridge the Education–Practice Gap for New Graduate Registered Nurses by Marianne J. Mowry, MSN, RN-BC; and Mark D. Crump, BSN, RN-BC
2012 - Measuring Competence: Collaboration for Safety by Pamela K. Randolph, BSN, MS, Janine E. Hinton, PhD, Debra Hagler, PhD, Mary Z. Mays, PhD, Beatrice Kastenbaum, MSN, Ruth Brooks, MS, Nick DeFalco, MSN, Kathy Miller, MSN, and Dan Weberg, BSN, MHI
2011 – Showcasing Differences Between Quality Improvement, Evidence-Based Practice, and Research by Maria R. Shirey, PhD, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, FACHE; Sheila L. Hauck, MSN, RN, OCN, NEA-BC; Jennifer L. Embree, RN, NE-BC, CCNS; Tracy J. Kinner, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, NP-C; Gina L. Schaar, MSN, RN; Lori A. Phillips, MSN, RN, NP-C; Shelley R. Ashby, MSN, RN, CNS, APN; Constance F. Swenty, MSN, RN; and Isabella A. McCool, MSN, RN, NE-BC; published in February 2011